Mga Pahina

Huwebes, Nobyembre 8, 2012

Crying Aloud - Psalm 142...... Take it all from here

Before I start,
maybe you want to check out what Psalm 142 is? :D
So here you go: http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Psalm+142&version=NIV



I got this title from THE CHASE Young Adult's Camp I just attended :)

Here is the link: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=468678633152406&set=a.468678599819076.102664.463893430297593&type=1&relevant_count=7

We remember DAVID as the picture above or as the great king or as the "man after God's own heart". BUT may we NOT FORGET that he too had his own shares of suffering.

In this Psalm, David was crying out to the Lord, because the king he succeeded, King Saul, was after his life... and King Saul really mean it.

Just imagine....
David only had few men who were just "ordinary" and were with David because they support him. So maybe these men are really great. But they are too few compared to King Saul's army.

Maybe there we great men there... great meaning they have the skill and had already made a name for themselves for being a "terror" in the battlefield.

We may not feel the tension so much because we are already living in a society where physical battles like in the picture are just in the movies. But let us try to relate. When someone said he will cut in you in two when you make him angry, run for your life because he will literally do it.

I feel like facing a "Saul" in my life right now - although it does not really mean life and death.

I will be taking the National Medical Admission Test (NMAT) this December 2 (so please do pray for me and my batchmates).

What I am worried about is that I did NOT enroll in a review center and am still NOT prepared (no reviews yet), because my partner and I are doing our thesis this semestral break.

BAD I know. But we had no choice.

So the NMAT exam is just a few weeks from now and here I am - worrying.
I really don't know what to do or what trick to make.
I don't even have a review strategy. I don't know what will work.

For me, at this stage of my life,
this is my "Saul" that seem so huge for me.
I don't have anything to really fight against it.
I am COMPLETELY outnumbered!

But this Psalm reminded me that this is NOT new.
God did save David before and He is still the same God right now!


I remember also that this same God made the Israelites successful when they were completely outnumbered and no advanteage and the Isrealites wanted to defeat Jericho.

They prayed, marched and sing 7 times around the Jericho wall, and the great Jericho wall fell.
(http://bible.cc/hebrews/11-30.htm)

God IS the winning factor.
He is the key.
He has saved the outnumbered.
And when there is no advantage, He is the ADVANTAGE.

He is sovereign.

He is the God that David trusted.
And so David's name is still here on earth.

I know this concern of mine will soon pass.
I know I will too soon pass.
I know this concern of mine will determine my future
and it is also my last chance in college to redeem myself and my name and my grades.

But this God laughs at my concerns.
He does NOT consider anything too great.
Nothing is even too small... especially when it comes from us.

Just like earthly fathers and even MORE,
God is concerned with every detail of us.

Remember when you can't reach the cookies on top of the refrigerator,
it seemed so great for you. It was your great concern.
But now, it is nothing.

God deals with us in our level.
And now, God, this is my great concern.

I have my plans and all.
I don't know how to have high grades in NMAT exam.
I can't review all that we have learned this past 4 years in just a few weeks minus the days in making our thesis and church and stuff.

I CRY OUT to You.
Please come to my rescue.
But most of all, be Sovereign as You already are.
Be my God not and forever.
Take it ALL from here.




Walang komento: