Mga Pahina

Lunes, Marso 19, 2012

Be Still and Trust the Lord

Yesterday at the youth service the message was about Daniel.



He was one of the Jews who were transferred to Babylonia to serve the king, because he and his companions features were outstanding in the sense that outwardly they were healthy and inwardly they were wise. Talking about the perfect guys :D



Here are some excerpts of Daniel's story. Check out the whole story at
http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Daniel+1&version=NIV:

 3 Then the king ordered Ashpenaz, chief of his court officials, to bring into the king’s service some of the Israelites from the royal family and the nobility— 4 young men without any physical defect, handsome, showing aptitude for every kind of learning, well informed, quick to understand, and qualified to serve in the king’s palace. He was to teach them the language and literature of the Babylonians.[b] 5 The king assigned them a daily amount of food and wine from the king’s table. They were to be trained for three years, and after that they were to enter the king’s service.



 46 Then King Nebuchadnezzar fell prostrate before Daniel and paid him honor and ordered that an offering and incense be presented to him. 47 The king said to Daniel, “Surely your God is the God of gods and the Lord of kings and a revealer of mysteries, for you were able to reveal this mystery.”
 48 Then the king placed Daniel in a high position and lavished many gifts on him. He made him ruler over the entire province of Babylon and placed him in charge of all its wise men. 49 Moreover, at Daniel’s request the king appointed Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego administrators over the province of Babylon, while Daniel himself remained at the royal court.


So, here we have 4 young Jewish TEENAGERS. Yes, they were in their teens when this happened to them.

That fact was so comforting for me.

Earlier that morning, I was planning to not attend church, because I had to finish our thesis.
We need to defend that this week, and we're not yet done.



Yeah, I know.
I was cramming
and it's all my fault.



But hey! It's already here. Just help me out.

But I can't go to church late this morning
I was the only one left to assist the teacher in the Youth Sunday School.
So I went early anyway.

I was not actually prepared to worship.
I was thinking of different stuffs.
I wanted to finish my requirements before going to church,
but I know that is impossible.
So I went to church anyway.



When I was about to leave the house,
I acted rudely and impatiently with my Mom and Aunt,
because they kept on reminding me of stuffs while I'm in a hurry to go to church.

Talk about an inconsistent testimony.



I was about to go to church, yet my attitude is not fitting for a Christian.


The people whom we are close with are usually the ones we ignore,
because we know that they will always be there.



But what if they'll be gone or
You will be the one to be gone.

Every moment counts.



I have thought of this when I was traveling to church.

"What if I meet an accident while traveling? I have not left Mom and Auntie in a proper way."

I was really regretting.
I was so sorry,
yet I already did it.
I was praying that my thoughts won't really happen.

I don't want to leave them in such a bad manner.

Then when I was in the van,
the position I was assigned to was so narrow.
I could not move.



It was as if I was held by somebody in the arms.
I was forcefully sat STILL.

In front of me was a sign saying:
I entrust my todays and tomorrows to God alone.

I realized the van driver was a Christian.
In the travel, the music being played were WORSHIP SONGS.

I was amazed.

God was preparing me for church.
He was comforting me by placing me in His presence.



I was so unworthy.
Yet He saw the need.
I know He wanted to help me.

And for the rest of my stay at church,
I did not really mind about the deadlines I was suppose to meet.

God refreshed me and gave me some rest that I really needed.
He reminded me that HE IS IN CONTROL. I SHOULD NOT BE AFRAID



I JUST NEED TO BE STILL AND KNOW HE IS GOD.

The youth service message was for me.
The Christian music played in the van was for me.
The chair where I sat in the van was for me.

Everything was intended for me..... TO WORSHIP HIM

IT'S WAS ALL ABOUT HIM 
GOD WAS SOVEREIGN even when I did not trust Him

Watch the video and pray with it :)


 

Just like Daniel and the rest of the boys,
we too should be STILL AND KNOW THAT OUR GOD IS GOD.

They knew who their God was,
so Daniel and the boys were not afraid even when THEIR LIVES WERE AT RISK

Shadrach, Meshack and Abednego were thrown into FIRE

16 Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego replied to him, “King Nebuchadnezzar, we do not need to defend ourselves before you in this matter. 17 If we are thrown into the blazing furnace, the God we serve is able to deliver us from it, and he will deliver us[c] from Your Majesty’s hand. 18 But even if he does not, we want you to know, Your Majesty, that we will not serve your gods or worship the image of gold you have set up.”  


Daniel was thrown into the lions' den

So these administrators and satraps went as a group to the king and said: “May King Darius live forever! 7 The royal administrators, prefects, satraps, advisers and governors have all agreed that the king should issue an edict and enforce the decree that anyone who prays to any god or human being during the next thirty days, except to you, Your Majesty, shall be thrown into the lions’ den. 8 Now, Your Majesty, issue the decree and put it in writing so that it cannot be altered—in accordance with the law of the Medes and Persians, which cannot be repealed.” 9 



So King Darius put the decree in writing.
 10 Now when Daniel learned that the decree had been published, he went home to his upstairs room where the windows opened toward Jerusalem. Three times a day he got down on his knees and prayed, giving thanks to his God, just as he had done before. 11 Then these men went as a group and found Daniel praying and asking God for help. 12 So they went to the king and spoke to him about his royal decree: “Did you not publish a decree that during the next thirty days anyone who prays to any god or human being except to you, Your Majesty, would be thrown into the lions’ den?”


9 At the first light of dawn, the king got up and hurried to the lions’ den. 20 When he came near the den, he called to Daniel in an anguished voice, “Daniel, servant of the living God, has your God, whom you serve continually, been able to rescue you from the lions?” 

 21 Daniel answered, “May the king live forever! 22 My God sent his angel, and he shut the mouths of the lions. They have not hurt me, because I was found innocent in his sight. Nor have I ever done any wrong before you, Your Majesty.” 

 23 The king was overjoyed and gave orders to lift Daniel out of the den. And when Daniel was lifted from the den, no wound was found on him, because he had trusted in his God.


 

Walang komento: