Mga Pahina

Martes, Pebrero 21, 2012

Thesis Making = Tabernacle Making


Maybe others will find this really irritating.. I have been talking about thesis.. thesis... thesis...

But really, I haven't really done much, but the thesis planning makes me stressed already! :D

So there I was last night. I was trying to "condition" myself to make thesis... I was really not in the mood, and I had no passion to make make a progress :(

So, in hope that I would be changed, I took a short devotion first. And the devotional reading led me to Exodus 25-27. It was about God's instructions in making a tabernacle.



At first, it was so uninteresting. If you would look at those chapters, you'll find tons of minute instructions on how to prepare and make a tabernacle in God's fitting way.

If you would think, God does not really needa tabernacle. He has the whole universe. A tabernacle cannot even contain Him.

But He instructed the Israelites to do so. Most probably, so that His presence could be tangible to the people. (we must be reminded of things all the time)

So, there I was, reading this step by step instructions of God in making a tabernacle. I really wanted to fast forward the reading and skip it. But nah... I just read them anyway.


Then, a thought struck me! It was like being hit by a car (haha! Just for emphasis, because I was really surprise when the thought came to my mind)

The message was like:

Hey, Mari!

You were seeking for encouragement and guidance in making your thesis before you had your devotions.
Well look! Here is My encouragement for you.

See how I have guided the Israelites? I know the steps, every detailed steps in order to build a fitting tabernacle. And this is a harder task than your thesis.

I am still He, the God whom they have followed. See how the events will turn. :) Trust!




So.... I was... "Okay, God! :D"

Well, my thesis progress had not changed, since I had that message. But I was changed and reminded. Makes all the difference :)

Trust!

Walang komento: