Mga Pahina

Sabado, Marso 22, 2014

Where Does God Leads You?

This is also my question. There are so many things that young people can pursue. I admit that sometimes I just make a decision hastily. I don't even pray or just even ask advice from people whom I trust and who have shown wisdom in their ways.


Just in my previous post, our college had an election. And I have 1 friend their whom I just spent time to a few months before the elections. But he seemed to have drifted away. I kept on wondering why, then came the campaign. So that was the reason why his heart was divided. Well, actually, it was not really divided. He was solely for that elections - being manifested in the efforts he invested his team's campaign.

He was even more passionate in that campaign than in the Bible Study we are building up. I see that he was aiming for something else, and he is willing to give up his role in the group we are forming. I guess he has different goals, or he knows that another person could take the place he left or seemingly disregarded.

I was just dismayed. I expected a lot from him and looked up to him. This was one of my criteria for voting. Would a good leader leave such kind of opportunity to invest on other people's lives just to have a name of his own?

I really doubted in voting for him. But, who am I to judge him? Am I God who knows what is really right from wrong?

See, I guess I'm just really venting out. But you cannot deny that I do have a point.

And now that the election is over. He did NOT win. Maybe it is really the heavens who spoke regarding their fate. Maybe he can NOT really take the position, or else he will leave other more responsibility just to fulfill this new position that he got.

In voting for people, may we choose wisely and use the APPROPRIATE criteria for the appropriate position. I personally do NOT vote for a person just because he is good at speaking or he received a lot of awards or he has high grades. No. Those alone do NOT make a person worth it of the position. Public speaking, awards or grades do NOT make a person a good officer.

 

Walang komento: