Mga Pahina

Lunes, Pebrero 20, 2012

"The Stop that Keeps You Going"

The title is very ironic. I got that phrase from Kuya Mike. He was the one who used that in Facebook. And when I saw it, it struck me :)

He was pertaining to what is called "devotions", a personal time with the Lord.

It's not that God talks to you face to face, but at sense, yes He does.


He has written His words in the Bible, the Book. And we can communicate with him through prayer.



What is basically done in Devotions are praying, reading the Bible, writing a personal journal or prayer, thinking, reflecting, etc.

It is a personal time. It is a time where you be yourself before the Lord, acknowledging and focusing on His presence. (We usually forget that He is present everywhere.)

It is a STOP from what you are doing here on earth. It stops you from doing your schoolworks, responsibilities, commitments, etc. FOR A WHILE.. probobly a few minutes or hours just to keep in touch with the Lord ALONE. :)

CULTIVATING A RELATIONSHIP takes time and effort and sacrifices. We could all relate to that :) And this is the same with our relationship with the Lord :)



Personally, I found it to be a heaven here on earth :) Devotional time refreshes me in ways that I cannot do for myself. It encourages me to move forward.



I have read and also found true that prayer changes me rather than changing God's will for my life. In the end of the prayer, you could say, "God, let it be as you have said." (Sounds like Mary's response to angel Gabriel.)


But notice also this heart changing prayers in the book of PSALMS.



After much grumbling, prayer and struggle, the author would have a different conclusion than what he or we readers could expect.

This is the STOP THAT KEEPS US GOING :)

It keeps us moving forward to the direction that God wants us to take :)

We give the driver's seat of our lives to God and allow Him to be the one to drive for us. With Him, we could be CERTAIN OF THE UNCERTAIN.

So try to pause for a while and expericne the "The Stop that Keeps You Going" :)

Walang komento: